Triumph Learning is always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. If you are interested in opportunities in our New York, NY or Jacksonville, FL locations, we welcome your inquiry. Please contact Diane Curtin at firstname.lastname@example.org. New opportunities are posted as they become available. Please check back frequently for new activity.
Location: 136 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Triumph Learning has an opening for a Sr. Editor/Digital Content - ELA.The Sr. Editor/Digital Content is responsible for managing and editing digital projects from conception to delivery with minimal assistance from the Supervising Editor. The Sr. Editor must be able to work autonomously, act as a team leader for assigned projects and work effectively with digital and other cross-functional teams.
- This position requires a bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in K-12 educational publishing.
- Experience also includes acting as a team leader and mentoring less-experienced editors.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of Common Core, state standards, pedagogy.
- Demonstrate expertise in the K-12 English language arts content area.
- Experience working in a content management system is required.
- Expertise with Word, Excel and Adobe Pro are required.
- Experience working on both print and digital products is required.
- Classroom experience is a plus.
- Managing and editing K-12 projects independently.
- Conceptualize parts of products, with guidance, and write prototypes and guidelines for internal and external editorial stakeholders.
- Demonstrate content expertise in K-12 English Language arts.
- Act as a Team Leader for assigned projects and mentor less experienced team members as necessary.
- Must be able to prioritize time, effort and have ability to shift focus quickly in order to meet challenging schedules.
- Monitor competitive products as well as industry publications in order to provide ideas for future product development.
- Consistently produce highest quality editorial work, including writing, editing, copyediting, fact checking and proofreading.
- Manage schedules to avoid delays and work with supervising editor and project managers to resolve bottlenecks.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other internal departments.
- Maintain a solution-based approach to problems arising in the normal course of the editorial publishing plan.
- Monitor and track standards/tests in states for which projects are or will soon be under development.