Get direct instruction on key comprehension strategies and reading skills.
The new standards place demands on the upper grades, requiring all students to read critically texts at higher levels of complexity, and placing an unprecedented emphasis on informational nonfiction texts. Instruction Coach, World Literature Levels I & II, more than meets this challenge. International topics and universal themes are covered throughout.
Reading passages include works by Winston Churchill, Nikolai Gogol, Nelson Mandela, Rabindranath Tagore, and more. Level II, contains higher readability passages and instruction that is more sophisticated than in our Level I text.
Teacher's Manual may be purchased for $29.99 with minimum Instruction Coach Student Edition order of 10 copies per grade. Please call Customer Service: 800-338-6519.
Direct instruction on key comprehension strategies and reading skills
- Total standards coverage, with 40:60 fiction/nonfiction balance
- Extension activities promote group work, presentation, and research opportunities
- Each lesson includes an original approach to vocabulary
- Comprehension and discussion questions in short-response and open-ended format
- Features writing prompts for all writing types
- Full-color illustrations and photos
- Independent Projects lets students apply knowledge gained from lessons to novels they are studying in class