Targeted instruction and multiple reads of complex text lead to multiple levels of understanding.
All applicable Reading Comprehension, and Language standards are fully covered, and critical Speaking and Listening standards are included too. Paired readings are grouped by genre, with a choice of two “capstone” reading projects in every unit. Instruction is organized around multiple reads of a single text, with lots of text support preceding independent reading, which is also well-scaffolded. Primary Sources related to US history and reading historical documents are covered throughout.
Level II, contains higher readability passages and instruction that is more sophisticated than in our Level I text.
Teacher's Manual may be purchased for $29.99 with minimum Instruction Coach Student Edition order of 10 copies per grade. Please call Customer Service: 800-338-6519.
Direct instruction on key comprehension strategies and reading skills
- Total standards coverage, with 40:60 fiction/nonfiction balance
- Extension activities promote group work, presentation, and research opportunities
- Each lesson includes an original approach to vocabulary
- Comprehension and discussion questions in short-response and open-ended format
- Features writing prompts for all writing types
- Full-color illustrations and photos
- Author’s Craft provides review and practice with recurring concepts
- Skills-based callouts teach key concepts and advance interaction within the text